Off to the Happiest Place on Earth!

I must admit, it's been nice to have a reprieve from all things adoption over the past month or so.  We've been focusing on getting ready for our trip to Disney, my favorite vacation spot!  Justin and I are flying down tomorrow so that he can attend a conference with HCA at the Gaylord Palms resort.  I'm staying with him for the first two nights, then my parents will arrive and we'll check in on Sunday at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek, just outside of Epcot.  This coming week, my dad will turn 60.  We all decided that Disney World would be the perfect place to celebrate his big day!  As a child, I remember mom and dad taking Amber and me to Disney no less than 15 times, and we never grew tired of the magic, wonder, and fantasy of it all.  Justin and I went down in April 2008, and although Justin doesn't really share my love for the place, he is a good sport! 

We have a crib that now has a mattress, a car seat, a painted nursery, a changing table, and a closet that continues to slowly fill with various baby items.  But we keep the door closed, partially, because we don't want to use the energy to heat and cool the room, but also, because with the door open, we are reminded each time we walk past, that the room is yet empty.  I have not been sad lately, but I have been a little indifferent.  After the news about the baby in Mississippi, I guess you could say we returned to "life as usual."  For us, that means working, struggling to say no to more committments, and remembering to prioritize each other.  But, as always, there is a little voice in my head each morning that says, "could today be the day that Carolyn calls?"  I typically push the voice aside and concentrate on getting my job done, fulfilling my various responsibilities, and listening to the Lord when He clearly says, "Be still, and know that I am God." 

After we get back from our trip, I will be ready to start getting Christmas decorations down.  This is my favorite time of year.  I had hoped that our baby might be home by the holidays, but I look forward to Advent, the hope that is expectancy, and the day when we can finally say that our waiting has ended and we can share in the joy of new life!

Below is a link to the photo and story I recently posted on the Disney Memories website.  Thanks for continuing to share in our journey!

http://memories.disneyparks.disney.go.com/base/showcase/#/detail/12514

Love,
Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Stephanie's Favorite Weather

46 years, 364 days

The Power of Shared Experience